Monday, January 16, 2012

Nightmare at Our House

He Said She Said Jan.2012 Nightmare at Our House

He Said

It’s four o'clock in the morning and I’m sleeping like a baby. Suddenly I hear groaning, whining, and loud breathing, simultaneously. I’m not worried about being knifed, shot, or robbed. I’m worried that you have awakened with another one of your nightmares. Most people dream and occasionally have scary dreams but you have some really weird activities going on in your head while the rest of the world in trying to sleep. You are the only person that I know of who has realistic dreams, realistic to you, anyway. When you awaken and start berating me because of what you dream I start to get just a little worried and a lot paranoid. Number one, I am not the cause of the problems in your dream process but for some reason I get the blame. This latest one takes the cake and I hope you don't mind if I share it. You came back from the bathroom at 4 AM and I asked if you were all right. In a dejected voice, you told me that you were mad at me. Now this isn’t good to hear at 4:00 in the afternoon, let along 4:00 in the morning. “What did I do”, I asked innocently. “You told me you didn't love me any more and that you were leaving”. “Oh” I said. “What did you do that made me want to leave?” I had to stifle a laugh when you told me that I left you because I was jealous of your TV. You must be feeling guilty because you would rather watch TV than spend time alone with me. You know I don’t like most TV programs and I’d rather both of us spend time talking or reading so in order to compensate for your guilt, you manufactured this ridiculous dream to blame me for it. No matter how much I tried to explain that this dream wasn’t real, I couldn’t convince you of it. You kept saying that it seemed so real. I can hardly wait for the next dream to see what I’m going to be blamed for next.



She Said




First of all, I’m completely aware of the fact that dreams aren’t real. But that doesn’t keep me from being angry with you for doing something to trigger the thoughts precipitating a nightmare. Who else can get into my psyche like you do? Remember last month when we were at the Institute viewing the Christmas trees with a friend of mine and you ran into a former neighbor? We were across the room from you and your friend asked which one was your wife. I had on a white sweater and she had on a red one; without hesitating, you said the one wearing the red sweater and you didn't bother to explain. So that night you dreampt that an old girlfriend ran off with your best friend. Serves you right for that dry sense of humor you constantly exhibit. If you would just let me come home from work, relax, go out to dinner, and get to bed early with no outside interference, maybe I wouldn't go to sleep all keyed up and anxious. That anxiety is more than likely what causes nightmares. As long as we’re talking about dreams/ nightmares, I particularly liked the one you had about Sophie and you profess not to even like dogs. You have to admit, she's an awesome dog who has won you over. She gets all wiggly and excited just looking at you so if that isn't reality, I don't know what is. The good thing about when you dream though is that you’re able to keep quiet enough for me to sleep through them. In your case, your dreams are probably triggered by something on TRU TV or one of those shows that you watch on that thing that you don't like CALLED A TELEVISION. I guess one thing is for certain, sleeping with each other is never dull just a new dimension for us old timers

No comments: