Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Fancy Restaurants

He Said She Said Showcase Magazine October 2011

He Said

I know you would like for me to be a bit more classy
and a suave and debonair person. Probably not
going to happen. I was brought up as a country
guy and lived the simple life all my life. I have
traveled some and although I have not been in as
many countries as you, I have probably eaten in
as many restaurants as you. As an observation I
have noticed one thing that is certain in restaurants.
The higher the price you pay, the less food that
you get on your plate. It is quality versus quantity.
I will say that the plate is prettier with green
sprouts distributed everywhere on the plate,
usually covering your food. The name of what
you are eating can be green beans, but you are
guaranteed at the fancy restaurants,they will
be calling it something else, preferably something
in french. The service most of the time is going
to be outstanding. You never have to ask for a
glass of water, because every time you take a
swallow, someone is there filling you glass to
the brim. The table is always beautifully decorated
with fancy utensils and immaculate stemware.
What I have always found in every expensive restaurant
is that you get very little food, normally it
has no taste, or has a foreign taste that leaves
a sour taste in your mouth. You pay three times
what you pay for a regular meal because of all
the ambiance. I will continue to take you to the
fancy restaurants because I want to please you
and you seem to feel comfortable in those surroundings.
I would just ask you to understand that when
I want to go a reasonably priced, good home cooked
meal restaurant it is because that was what I was
raised on and what I prefer. If I could only get
them to change the names of the food , add some
candle light, that could satisfy the both of us.

Right?

She Said


You can take the man out of the country, but you
can't take the country out of the man. I understand
from your perspective everything that you are saying.
We don't always agree and I understand that also.
You and I were raised in the same city, same
environment, same neighborhood, and same economically
family standards. You have elected to stay in that
situation because that is your comfort zone. I can
respect that, but what I have tried to teach you
all my life, is that there is a different lifestyle
that you could learn to appreciate. I really do
not believe in your case that that is true, but on
paper it sure does sound good. No, you are in a
“it has always been like that, I eat what I like mood”,
and no one on God's green earth is going to
convince you otherwise. I don't mind eating at the
country places that cost little money, the waitresses
have to work there and would rather be somewhere else,
and the food is piled so high that gravy is dripping
off the side of the plate. The cholesterol count
is so high that your veins start showing as soon
as you walk in and continues for days. You always
have to have dessert in these places, usually
consisting of banana pudding or cake of the day,
only adding to your weight gain. The waitresses
usually call you honey or darling and you always
smile because even though you are over a hundred
years of age, you think they are flirting with you.
I am happy that we can eat in the “fancy”
restaurants as you like to call them, because I
do enjoy the ambiance and I also enjoy eating out
with friends who appreciate the finer things in
life...not that you don't appreciate the finer
things in life, after all you did marry me.(lol)

No comments: