Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Great Service -Some Whining

He Said She Said August 2012 Showcase Magazine –
Great Service-Same Whining

He Said

Last month we had the pleasure of attending a friend's
wedding in Atlanta. I really enjoyed the time
off because it gave me time to shop and be with my
best friend in the whole world ...you. Everything
was beautiful, the wedding was exquisite, being with
all our friends and sharing good times is what life
is all about. You of course know all of this so I
don't have to explain it to you. There is one little
thing that happened that you have not commented about.
Did you notice that Friday night when we went out for
dinner, I did not register one single complaint in
the restaurant? Most of the time after we leave a
restaurant I hear for the next hour everything that
I said or did wrong. But Friday night was an exception.
Not one complaint from me. You are dying to know why,
aren't you? I thought so. The reason you did not hear
any complaints was these people know how to treat
their customers. Since I traveled many years on a
company expense account I had grown accustom to
receiving good customer service while enjoying great
meals. When we go to a regular priced restaurant or
even a higher priced restaurant in some cities, they
just don't seem to know customer service that I have
grown to enjoy.
Have you ever had someone wipe up the crumbs from the
table after the main course so that you will have a
clean table to eat dessert? Have you ever eaten at a
restaurant where you don't have to call someone for
more water or tea, they just keep your glass full the
whole meal? I know it was pricey, but it was a fabulous
tasting meal with great customer service and that
is just what I have missed.

She Said

You have become so foreign to your own way of seeing
things that it has almost become somewhat annoying. We
ate at the same restaurant, you remember a perfect meal.
I remember and heard every little thing that went wrong
that night, and you have put it completely out of your
head. First of all just let me say it was one of the
best tasting meals that we have had in a long time.
I will give you that. I know it was expensive and the
waiter (Frank) did give us great service including
coming to the table and calling you Mr. Oldham. I guess
the main guy had told him. That was indeed thoughtful.
Keeping the glasses filled also was very nice. Offering
to explain the meals was typical of most restaurants so
that was ok. But as soon as he left the table and other
people around us starting getting their food, you started
in. You do it at every restaurant. “We were here way
before them, how do they get their food before us”.
“What is taking so long with our food, I could have gone
out in the woods, killed it myself, skinned it and cooked
it sooner that this”, is another one I hear all the time.
Then as you start to get bored, I start hearing your take
on everyone in the restaurant.”I bet that couple beside
us is having an affair”. Right after you said that Friday
night I heard our waiter congratulate them on their 20th
year anniversary. I started to say something to you about
it, but I figured it would break up your fantasy so why
bother. I will say that being with you and going out to eat,
most always presents a challenge, but I can also say you
are never without a word, be it right or wrong. It just
sometimes gives me indigestion, which up until now I have
hesitated to tell you. But I thought it best to get it
off my chest while you are thinking everything was A-Ok in
Atlanta. To me, it was better food, but the same old whining
I get in every restaurant.

No comments: