Thursday, March 3, 2011

Kisses and Ice Cream

March 2011 Showcase Magazine

He Said

First of all let me say that “Yes I am happily married”.
Secondly let me say that you and I do not know each other
as well as we thought we did. After coming in third in
our attempt to play the “Newlywed Game” , it is obvious
that life as we know it is not life as we know it.
When I was asked who you most reminded me of and the
choices were Doris Day or Elizabeth Taylor , to me this
was a no brainer. You are classy, beautiful looking, and
have the grace of Elizabeth. Your answer was Doris Day.
I do have to give you credit though. When they ask
me what I thought you would say to the question ,”what
does Larry have too much of”? And you answered “Charisma”,
I thought that was a great answer thank you very much.
Now what I am going to suggest is that we sit down one day
and just go over all the answers that we may be ask if
we ever play the Newlywed Game again. Not that we ever
will mind you, it is just a way to be prepared. Sort of
like the Boy Scouts...always prepared. This should not
take too long as we can go back over the years we have
been writing this column and find most of the answers.
I knew when we started the game that we never agree on
anything so we probably would lose and we did. I think
of us as being winners in so many other ways that it
did not bother me to lose. We did get a gift card to
Stone Cold Creamery and I did get two kisses while we
were playing.
Ice Cream and Kisses....life don't get too much better than this.

She Said


Now I know why I love you so much. I don't want to call
you simple, but when all it takes to satisfy a man is
Ice Cream and Kisses, my role as a wife is going to be
pretty easy. Then reality strikes me and I remember you
are going to come home from work and ask me “what is for
supper”, I am going to have to bring the trash cans from
the front to the back because even though you parked in
the driveway, probably had to get out of your car to
move the trash cans, and still could not remember to
bring them around to the back. I will start to remember
all the times I will have to wash your clothes ,fold them,
put them in your drawers, and hang up fresh towels in the
bathroom for you when you shower. I will have to go to
the grocery store and buy the food, and then tote them
home and put them up in the cabinets. I will have to
wash all the dishes and put them up in the cabinets so
I will have clean dishes in the morning to fix your
breakfast. I will have to vacuum and dust the furniture
so the house is clean when your mother comes to visit.
I will do all of this , plus mow the yard, because I
chose to marry the man of my dreams who I can feed ice
cream to and give an occasional kiss. I would say I
am one of the luckiest girls in the world because you
chose me to do all these things for you.
You better be glad I like kissing and Ice cream.

3 comments:

Wanda said...

Oh Dena - you are wayyyy toooo good to Larry. Of course, this is coming from a wife whose husband cooks her dinner most nights, cleans the kitchen, works diligently in the yard with me, completes "honey-do" lists every week, and never complains about it. (OK, well, maybe a little bit). Anyway, our marriage is a 50/50 deal and there is no way I would bring in the garbage, wash his clothes, cook his meals, and/or do all the yard work while he sits on his rear on the sofa because he is afraid he may get dirty? What? What century does Larry live in anyway? The years of slavery are long gone. I work around the house as much as he does, and he still gets ice cream and kisses along the way. Life is sweet.

Wanda said...

Nonetheless, I still love him almost as much as you do! After all, he is my big brother. Just couldn't live with him, even though he is such fun to be around. Love you, Bro. Mean it.

Larry Oldham said...

Wanda I know you have a well trained husband or maybe he does all those things because he loves you so much.
Maybe she loves me enough that she would never ask me to do those things. I am not afraid to get my hands dirty she just wants my hands clean for other endeavors. There is no slavery going on, maybe she just married the right man that does all the right things right.HaHa
Love ya, mean it. little sis.